Sunday, August 8, 2021

The trip begins

The trip begins. The bike was shipped and arrived Friday at the hotel. I had called the hotel in Buffalo mid week to let them know that it was on the way. Friday I received a notice that it had arrived and called the hotel to confirm. The front desk confirmed it's arrival. One item crossed off the check list.

With my bike on it's way to Buffalo, I borrowed a bike from a biking friend, Marc. Nice light carbon bike that I used the rest of the week with the last ride this morning on the club's "go to breakfast" ride.  Returning home, removed the peddles and tool bag and started the final process of packing. With the flight being a red eye taking off almost midnight, I had time to pack everything with time to spare.

I did have difficulty with getting an Uber to the airport, Recently I got a new mobile phone and the new number confused the Uber data base so badly that several hour working with user support failed to fix the problem, so in the end I need to download the Lyft app and set up a new account. In the end, I got to the airport with all my luggage in tow on time. Arriving at the gate, found out that the flight has been delayed by 90 minutes. Shouldn't be much of a problem. The flight is direct from LAX to Buffalo, so I'll arrive at about 9:15 am instead of 7:45. Good thing I brought some snack bars with me. For sure, Jetblue will not be serving breakfast on the plane!

Whenever I travel, I only relax when the plane doors close. At that point, there is no need to worry what you may not have packed or not. As long as you have your credit card, you'll be ok.

All the best and happy trails,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment